Saturday, June 24, 2006

this morning

My dear friend Michelle Virtue and I ran (I actually walked) my first 5k this morning. It was wonderful. I had a lot of fun and had a nice walk. My only goal was not to finish last and I didn't, I even was 10 minutes faster than I had hoped. The Running With Angles 5k was held at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah in their flower garden. Michelle is fabulous, she is training for a 1/2 marathon in just a few weeks, I wouldn't have done it without her. We might even do another in 2 weeks! Who would have ever thought that I'd do one 5k in my lifetime? Watch out...I'm out of control.

6 comments:

michelleyv said...

Out of control AND completely amazing. Thanks for telling me about the race. . .finished the book this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

go 97!

Anonymous said...

Well done Alicia! Can't wait to hear about your next big race!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! You Rock! I have been wondering about doing one of those ... I'd love to do it ... but maybe i'll wait until i am done being pregnant ;) Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Alicia, that's so great! I'm doing a triathalon next year if you're interested...of course, that means you'd have to BE here! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Mrs. James Quigley said...

Thanks everyone for your support and kind words. Nicki, no thanks, but good luck with that...(A. I don't swim B. I don't ride a bike and C. I only walk, no running for me.)