Wednesday, October 31, 2007
We are so awesome
Natalie and I did a 5k the other day. It was great. We were so proud of ourselves. A 5k really is not that big of deal, definitely do-able. However, to challenge ourselves we ran at the end and even sprinted to the finish. It was my fasted 5k ever. We felt like champions. Who wants to do the Pumpkin Push next year with us?
My mom and I got matching quilted jackets from, of all places, WalMart and they are so cute! See Linds it is not scary. It is even almost hip, well on my mom at least. Don't even worry, we went to the mall in these outfits. Thanks Mom for going with the red so we wouldn't be identical twiners.
P.S. While my mom and I were gallivanting around town looking good I failed to remember that I volunteered to help decorate for my Ward's Halloween Party. Augh! I was also in charge of bringing the centerpieces for the tables. Oops, I was a total flake.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
In case you have been living in a cave or are new to our planet, let me introduce you to Miss Virtue. She is AMAZING!!! I have known Michelle for over 3 years now, but it seems as if we have always been together. We are kindred spirits (just like Anne and Diana). She is a craft diva, excellent cook, master scrapbooker, television star, party planner, creative photographer, skilled listener, all of that and so, so much more. Also Michelle has a blog (in case you just got on the WWW), her blog was the first one I remember reading and it is still one of the best. I try to be like her in all ways, if she does anything it always turns out great. Imagine my surprise when this extremely talented lady invited me to join her new blog. Oh my I am so excited, but feeling a little shy. What if I can't live up? I know I can't, but what if I totally bomb? The pressure...but another thing that Michelle is good at, if she believes I can do something I believe it too. Check out the new food blog and leave a message!
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
parenting tip #1
If toddler (pick an age, any age) is being naughty and needs a time out, put child in bed and turn up a favorite CD to drown out crying and carrying on. If child gets louder adjust the volume on the music. The crucial part, set a timer so you don't forget said child.
Disclaimer: My parenting tips might not be very PC so use at your own risk. I for sure will not be winning any parenting awards, but who does anyway?
Also, I know that I am only a "parent" for 40 hours a week so it doesn't really count. I am truly in awe of full time parents especially stay-at-home moms! This is not intended to offend or poke fun. I might even have something helpful to say from time to time.
P.S. Shouldn't there be a rule that someone in her thirties should not get pimples?
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
We all love Leah kisses. How could you not? Sunday night we have family dinner at my parents, the food is always good (especially when my dad cooks), we are always loud and Leah always gets a lot of attention. Leah is pretty much the star of the show and she knows it. We are sure glad we have that little girl.
Friday, October 19, 2007
The Farrars always look good (jk, jk)
After a lot of hard work I got a decent picture of Leah and me
Only 4 Farrars were missing (my parents were in Florida visiting Jacob and Lisa)
The fog was lifting and the sun was starting to shineBut she loves pumpkins!
We all headed north last weekend for a perfect autumn activity on a perfect autumn day. Snohomish was still covered in fog by the time we got there Saturday morning (btw, the Wrights and Shaws arrived be for I did- that is a first), but before long it was sunny and just the right amount of chill in the air. We go for pumpkins, but most of us don't get any. Us, woman folk just use "pumpkin picking" as a disguise for "photo shoot" so the men will come along. I really use it all as excuse to get some of my favorite people together once a year. I love the fall!
Sunday, October 14, 2007
2. I love McDonald's Fiesta Chicken Salad, it is delicious. Try it.
3. I use cinnamon toothpaste. I also chew cinnamon gum. I made the switch from mint a couple years ago and I like much better.
4. I am starting to like working out. I still don’t love it, but I don’t hate it.
5. I like to sleep with an “eye patch” I think it is really called an eye mask. The problem is that I always lose them. I need to buy a year’s supply or something.
6. I love Halloween, but I hate dressing up. I do love dressing up little kids, just wait until you see what Leah is going to be for Halloween!
7. I want to go on a Cruise someday. I think right now that would be my dream vacation, maybe around the Caribbean or Hawaii.
8. I think I am pretty, not beautiful, gorgeous and definitely not hot, but pretty.
9. I struggle to do my visiting teaching each month; it is not hard so I don’t know why it is such a challenge for me.
10. I enjoy reading. I need to find some new books, I usually have a stack of books to read next, but I don’t now. Any suggestions?
11. I would love to be involved with Habitat for Humanity. I feel so passionately that everyone needs a place to call home.
12. I hate scary movies, or just being scared, I don’t understand people that like it.
13. I have a VHS player in my room and I watch videos.
14. I bought one of those exercise balls a month or so ago and have not used it once. It even comes with a DVD, haven’t used that either. It is green and kind of ugly in my living room. I will be moving it to my bedroom today.
15. I noticed my tan is fading. That breaks my heart; I know I might pay for it later, but I LOVE being tan.
16. I am really good friends with my parents.
17. I am a blog-addict. I read blogs every night. I am definitely a blog-stalker and not at all ashamed by it.
18. I wish I made bread and canned. That would be awesome.
19. I am going back to the Philippines (my mission) soon, maybe within the next two years. We are getting a Temple there and as soon as it is finished I am going to go see it. I plan on swinging by Hong Kong on the way back. Who wants to come with me? I am an excellent travel partner.
20. I love reality TV, not the smutty kind, but the kind that changes people’s lives and Survivor. Sometimes Survivor can be smutty. Right now I watch Survivor (of course) and Biggest Loser every week. I occasionally watch America’s Next Top Model, Top Chef, What Not to Wear and Dancing with the Stars. Disclaimer: Since I pretty much live by myself I watch TV at night, it is pretty pathetic.
21. Speaking of TV, I recently cut out MTV, Will and Grace, and other shows that are inappropriate/unnecessary for me to watch. I am really trying hard to be more selective about what I waste my time on.
22. I keep the main part of my house pretty clean, and the clothes in my closet are organized according to color, but my bedroom is a completely different story. I could not keep it clean and organized if my life depended on it. I have always had this problem and I am so afraid it will always be a struggle for me.
23. I am craving fish tacos from Cheesecake Factory. This summer I went through a fish taco phase. I want to bring it back, those were some good times.
24. My least favorite everyday chore is emptying the dishwasher, which is a problem since dishwashers need to be emptied everyday.
25. I still believe that I will find someone to marry me one day and I will have children. Mind you there is nothing in my current life that makes that seem possible. But I still believe that miracles happen and that is what it is going to take.
26. I love teaching. As long as I know something about the subject I like to teach it. I just got called to be in Young Women’s, I hope I get to teach. I am also teaching a craft at Enrichment in a couple weeks.
27. I babysit on the side of my regular job. I make good money doing it and that becomes my spending money. It is fun being just a babysitter and not the nanny.
28. I mostly listen to Country music in my car. Lately I started liking a station called The Mountain. They play music that people in their mid-thirties like, hence why I listen to it. If you live in Washington you should check it out. The music is kind of chill, but fun and familiar.
29. I need and want to scrapbook more. I am working on that goal. That will cut down my TV watching and Blog-stalking. That will be good.
30. I wish I was more thoughtful. I love nice, kind, thoughtful people. I need to be more like them. That is another thing I am working on.
31. I like what like and don’t like what I don't like, basically I am kind of opinionated and even stubborn. Oops, that is why I need to work on being nicer, etc.
32. I think of myself as simple. That may or may not be true, but it is what I think. I am not any extreme, just normal and ordinary, in a good way. I like who I am.
Monday, October 08, 2007
Sunday, October 07, 2007
This weekend marks the anniversary of my big move. This time last year I packed up a moving truck, said lots of goodbyes and shed many tears before arriving back in Washington to start a new life as a grown-up. It was a hard for me to leave Provo. For the most part the transition has not been complicated. It is hard adjusting to a different social life, which has probably been the hardest part. I am blessed though to have my family and “the party” to hang out with. I have a great job that I have learned to love; I enjoy going to work every day (I also enjoy my days off!). I like my ward, my apartment, and the routine I have created. I love the area where I live and that friends occasionally come visit (everyone is invited). I am lucky that Utah is still close enough to visit often, I remain close with those friends I had to say goodbye to, I just pretend we are too busy to hang out all the time not living far apart. I think that I have grown spiritually these last 12 months. I have become more independent yet more dependent on the Lord. My life has been blessed and I have frequently seen the hand of God in it. Here is to the next however many years…
Saturday, October 06, 2007
Friday, October 05, 2007
I went walking with Natalie and Leah; watched Survivor, crafted, hung out with Emily and even saw her 4 kids long enought to get hugs and kisses; ran errands and had the first ever Farrar Women Dinner. I love having Fridays off.