Friday, October 05, 2007

today

A couple of hours ago this is what I looked like and I felt like this inside too (in case it's not very clear it is a mad face). You see this is what happened....I went down to the airprot tonight to take sister-in-law Lisa to the airport and also drop Stephanie off with Rob. On the way there my cell phone went berserk and stopped working, I kind of felt nervous not having a cell phone, but no big deal I was just going back to my parent's house. I should have knocked on wood or something because not two minutes later as I was about to head back home (Stephanie drove down to SeaTac and after I dropped her I of course drove back) I noticed the gas gauge was on empty. I was a little annoyed, why didn't anyone else mention that the car was running out of gas? I was bothered that I needed to get gas and it was my Mom's car, I didn't want to take the time or spend my money, I was only driving it for a minute. I decided I could make it back to Lynnwood, no worries. But, much to my surprise just south of Seattle the gas light came on. Augh! I didn't know if I could make it, I don't have a whole lot of experience with this sort of thing and of course I didn't have my dang cell phone to call my Dad or Micah (he knows everything) or anyone. I was in the middle of the city, a part of town I am not at all familiar with, it was late, the traffic was all of a sudden stopped and I didn't know if I would be able to make it to a gas station. I made a quick decision, crossed 3 lanes of traffic and found an expensive gas station somewhere in scary South Seattle. And I was mad, very mad. I don't think I get mad very often, but I was feeling it tonight. Let me tell you, it is a good thing that I don't have a potty mouth or I would have been using it tonight. For goodness sake, if you drive a car 1. notice the gas level 2. if it is low tell someone who is going to drive it next or just put gas in and 3. don't let people take a car that is "in the red" to the airport late at night. Done. I am over it now (or getting closer). At the time I was mostly frustrated because I let it make me so upset when before the empty tank incident I was having a pretty good Friday...


I went walking with Natalie and Leah; watched Survivor, crafted, hung out with Emily and even saw her 4 kids long enought to get hugs and kisses; ran errands and had the first ever Farrar Women Dinner. I love having Fridays off.


I am a little exhausted now, too much emotions for one day. I better wake up tomorrow morning with my cell phone healed.
P.S. Happy General Conference weekend. I am way excited.

3 comments:

stephanie said...

You were probably okay not getting gas AND I did say something about being on empty, but you probably didn't hear as it was when we were all driving/talking on the way to the airport. Either way, sorry for a lame night.

Shauna said...

whats with you and your cell phone issues these days? Sad!!!

kaitlin said...

is your cell phone healed yet?!
shauna is right. you do have cell phone issues.