Monday, October 08, 2007

conference weekend

I spent most of the weekend with the Whites in Wenatchee. Back in our college days Jared and I watched many a General Conference sessions together and since we are almost neighbors I drove over the mountain so we could do it again. Conference was wonderful. I have a few favorite talks, which I'll blog about later, and really had a wonderful time with the Whites. Jared and I went to Leavenworth, WA to see his sister Monique selling her homemade jewelry at Oktoberfest (slash Beerfest). Mo took the above picture of us, I personally think it is the best photo of us we have ever taken. Too cute. I was sad to leave, the White family really knows how to make a girl feel at home. I took the day off from work and took my time driving back to my side of the mountain. This is what happened on my drive home:


I got to wear sunglasses, I love sunny autumn days (too bad I didn't shower)

I stopped at a roadside vegetable stand

I almost bought a squash before I remembered I only like to look at them, not eat them

I saw some trees and mountains and stuff

There was an elephant on I-90

5 comments:

emily said...

Elephant on I-90 ... wish i had seen that! oh and J-man is handsome in that picture of the 2 of you! glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

What must it be like to live a life of adventure and freedom? Sounds like you guys had a nice weekend. Wish I could abandon ship sometime and accompany you on one of your escapades. Maybe someday... :)

Mrs. James Quigley said...

Yeah, my life is pretty awesome! Too bad I don't have a real sweet lover or any babies that call me mama. Oh well. "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."

Mrs. James Quigley said...

No really I do have it good.

The Big Red Dogs said...

I have babies~ but they don't call me mama. I hear "Popper???" first thing every morning, and it continues all day! The only time I'm mama is when they REALLY want something...