Monday, November 26, 2007
After my quick, yet wonderful trip to Utah I went up to Fruitland, Idaho for an extra long Thanksgiving vacation. My family also came for the holiday, we had so much fun! I love Thanksgiving. I am so grateful for my family and friends and the traditions we have. I am so thankful for all of the blessings in my life and I am thankful for Thanksgiving so I can spend time thinking about all of those blessings. I am trying to figure out the best way to blog about my week at Farmers, but there are so many pictures, it might be a couple of more days. It will be worth the wait...promise.
Monday, November 19, 2007
I also did some things that I didn't get pictures of...hanging out at Campus Craft and Floral, the gym with Michelle, pumpkin cream cheese, giggle fest 2007 with Lindsay, sleeping on Lindsay's comfy bed, hanging out with the boys, running errands to some of my favorite stores and more. I really had a great time.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Saturday, November 17, 2007
I went to Utah for Cousin Eric's wedding! Hooray! It was so much fun to be with Eric and Nakita Ellis on their special day. I loved being in the Temple with my friends, it was so wonderful to spend the day with the people I love. It was great to be back with everyone again. I love these people...I am so blessed.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
1. I absolutely love... people. I love to be with my family and friends. I like to email, blog, talk on the phone and anything else that helps me stay in touch with the people I love. I love to meet new people. I have met wonderful people on the airplane. I like to befriend people at the grocery store or on the phone (like that one nice T-Mobile guy). There are a lot of people I don’t like, I mean A LOT, but overall I really absolutely love people.
2. I don't care if... it doesn’t snow this year. Last winter I got enough. I hate driving in the snow and I want a year off. If I want to see the snow I can go visit Jared in Wenatchee, but I think we will be waiting for the white stuff to melt before I head over the mountains again.
3. I like to... go to the movies. I don’t go to the theater very often, maybe once every 4 to 6 months. But when I do I really like it. And I think going to a matinee in the middle of the day, especially a work day, is pretty cool.
4. I play... at the gym. Well not much lately, but that will soon be reactivated. I like the treadmill and weights, I use some machines. I sometimes take a yoga class. I often workout at home, there is a lot one can do outside of the gym, walking in place is one of my favorite exercises. I need to be better; there is always room for improvement. Maybe one day I’ll actually play a sport or something.
5. I have a horrible habit of... staying up too late. I hate it, but at the same time I love it. I am also a bad procrastinator. Maybe those are related somehow.
6. I love to... craft. I love to be crafty, it is fun. I love to scrapbook and I am so happy that I am bringing it back into my life. Get ready soon I will be posting some of my recent crafting endeavors.
I tag my old roommates Olivia and Esther.
This day in 1996 (affectionately known as the late nineteen hundreds) I entered the MTC. Can it really be? Has 11 years really passed? I loved the MTC. I made great friends and had a fabulous 2 months. It was hard. So hard. I learned the discussions in Cebuano and it was tough. There was one time I remember thinking, "Jacob is a liar this is not fun, he did not tell me this place is THIS hard." In the end the MTC was an awesome experience. It was a terrific start to my 18 month mission. I loved being a missionary and I loved serving in the Philippines. I have been so blessed...Tonight I am going to look for my missionary journal and MTC scrapbook and take a trip down memory lane. Harris, Shearer, and any of the rest of my batch who reads this: Happy Anniversary!
P.S. Happy Birthday Seth Leonard!