Thursday, October 30, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
On my actual birthday I had a 6:30am date with my trainer Maritza and when I opened my car door at 6am this is what I found...from my sweetie.My birthday breakfast, gorgeous roses in a stunning vase and a People Magazine so I can get caught up on all the looks I'll love!
I spent most of my special day with this little guy, for fun I let him have soy ice cream with sprinkles (nanny of the year!)
Last night my family gathered for my birthday dinner at the Spaghetti Factory. James couldn't make it (he was home nearly dying with what turned out to be strep throat) so I went solo to this one. We all missed James and the Florida Farrars, but had a great time. Leah was the star of the show, she is too adorable. I love that little girl. I had a such fabulous birthday I think I'll do it again next year.
Leah and her monkey, George was sporting his new glasses (I think he is borrowing them from Mr. Potato Head)
My wish has already come true (I am glad you are feeling better, Honey)
P.S. Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes and nice comments. I have the best friends in the world, I am who I am today because of the people I have known throughout my life. I love you all.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
2. I love fall baking, even better than Christmas baking. There is something comforting in the warmth and the smells. If only I could eat less of the deliciousness.
3. I have seen more football games in the past 2 months (less than 2 months) than I have seen all of the previous months of my whole life, combined.
4. I don't drive stick and don't want to learn.
5. I want to simplify my life use less and have less. I just don't know how.
6. I had my first massage 2 weeks ago and it was HEAVENLY. I had a massage, a facial and an amazing shower. I still dream about those 2 hours.
7. I usually can't stay awake through an entire movie these days. I try, but sometimes I'm just so sleepy.
8. I like speaking in Church. I've been in my new Ward about 2 months, I'm getting a bit anxious to be asked to speak.
9. I usually pray in Cebuano (my mission language) until I run out of words I know then I switch to English.
10. I have a trainer at the gym. She is awesome. I worked my abs this morning. I am kind of sore.
11. My favorite vegetables are still canned green beans and frozen corn. But recently I have really started liking asparagus.
12. Sometimes I am in bed at 10:30. It is crazy I know. I don't really like it. I require more sleep these days.
13. I try to dress up on date nights with my honey, the works. It makes me feel good and I think James likes it.
14. My new favorite treat is Red Mango. Yum. Plain frozen yogurt and I have mine with mangoes.
15. My right ankle gets swollen almost every day. Its fat and ugly, I don't know why.
16. I don't have medical insurance. I need it though (see above).
17. I couldn't live with our my cell phone or my watch. Its a good thing my cell has the time on it for those days when I forget my watch. Now, I just need to get a watch with a back up phone on it.
18. I still want to see New England in the Fall. Boston in September was nice but still doesn't really count.
19. I used to take a nap everyday at work and now I almost never do. I miss those naps.
20. I have a really great boyfriend. He is fabulous.
21. I have a list of subjects I still need to blog about. I am a little behind.
22. I spend close to $400 a month on gas.
23. I love making a house a home.
24. I don't like soy products.
25. I have a recipe for "curried lentils" that I am going to make for the family I nanny for. I will not be eating those. Yuck.
26. I am renting a bedroom in the house of a family in my Ward. It is a great set up and actually a fairly spacious room. I am happy with my new living arrangements but I miss seeing my family as much as I used to.
27. I love text messaging. It makes me happy.
28. Last night while watching Monday Night Football one of the announcer guys said the phrase "old school helmets." I like when old people use new phrases.
29. Being in a relationship has taught me a lot about myself. I am not as great as I thought. Dang pride.
30. I wear high heals now. I like them. I can't seem to find ones I like and are comfy too. Any suggestions?
31. I just got called as the Enrichment Leader in my Ward. I am excited, but surprisingly I miss Young Women's.
32. I have to use the bathroom all of the time. I think I have a small bladder or something, mostly its all in my head, but still it's quite serious to me.
33. I have such a wonderful family, great friends and many, many blessings. I am one happy girl.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Thursday, October 09, 2008
It was pouring when we went into the Conference Center and sunny when we came out (therefore no sun glasses=squinty eyes)
Right before Elder Nash's closing prayer (on our way to the airport) we got pulled over for speeding
Why is James smiling?
We had so much fun on our quick little trip to Utah. We spent most of the weekend in Provo, the land that I love. We played with friends, got little to no sleep and ate way more than I should have. Sounds perfect, huh? James was a great sport running around town to meet a lot of my friends. It was so much fun to show him off and to reunited with old friends. It was great to see all of you and we'll catch the rest of you next time. General Conference was great, I am excited to read the Ensign next month (personal favorites: Pres. Eyring and Sister Dalton). Like every time after I leave Utah, I can't wait to go back!