Tuesday, October 14, 2008

33

1. Nolan and I ate Mickey Mouse shaped chicken nuggets for lunch today. I will never be too old for chicken nuggets.
2. I love fall baking, even better than Christmas baking. There is something comforting in the warmth and the smells. If only I could eat less of the deliciousness.
3. I have seen more football games in the past 2 months (less than 2 months) than I have seen all of the previous months of my whole life, combined.
4. I don't drive stick and don't want to learn.
5. I want to simplify my life use less and have less. I just don't know how.
6. I had my first massage 2 weeks ago and it was HEAVENLY. I had a massage, a facial and an amazing shower. I still dream about those 2 hours.
7. I usually can't stay awake through an entire movie these days. I try, but sometimes I'm just so sleepy.
8. I like speaking in Church. I've been in my new Ward about 2 months, I'm getting a bit anxious to be asked to speak.
9. I usually pray in Cebuano (my mission language) until I run out of words I know then I switch to English.
10. I have a trainer at the gym. She is awesome. I worked my abs this morning. I am kind of sore.
11. My favorite vegetables are still canned green beans and frozen corn. But recently I have really started liking asparagus.
12. Sometimes I am in bed at 10:30. It is crazy I know. I don't really like it. I require more sleep these days.
13. I try to dress up on date nights with my honey, the works. It makes me feel good and I think James likes it.
14. My new favorite treat is Red Mango. Yum. Plain frozen yogurt and I have mine with mangoes.
15. My right ankle gets swollen almost every day. Its fat and ugly, I don't know why.
16. I don't have medical insurance. I need it though (see above).
17. I couldn't live with our my cell phone or my watch. Its a good thing my cell has the time on it for those days when I forget my watch. Now, I just need to get a watch with a back up phone on it.
18. I still want to see New England in the Fall. Boston in September was nice but still doesn't really count.
19. I used to take a nap everyday at work and now I almost never do. I miss those naps.
20. I have a really great boyfriend. He is fabulous.
21. I have a list of subjects I still need to blog about. I am a little behind.
22. I spend close to $400 a month on gas.
23. I love making a house a home.
24. I don't like soy products.
25. I have a recipe for "curried lentils" that I am going to make for the family I nanny for. I will not be eating those. Yuck.
26. I am renting a bedroom in the house of a family in my Ward. It is a great set up and actually a fairly spacious room. I am happy with my new living arrangements but I miss seeing my family as much as I used to.
27. I love text messaging. It makes me happy.
28. Last night while watching Monday Night Football one of the announcer guys said the phrase "old school helmets." I like when old people use new phrases.
29. Being in a relationship has taught me a lot about myself. I am not as great as I thought. Dang pride.
30. I wear high heals now. I like them. I can't seem to find ones I like and are comfy too. Any suggestions?
31. I just got called as the Enrichment Leader in my Ward. I am excited, but surprisingly I miss Young Women's.
32. I have to use the bathroom all of the time. I think I have a small bladder or something, mostly its all in my head, but still it's quite serious to me.
33. I have such a wonderful family, great friends and many, many blessings. I am one happy girl.

15 comments:

James Quigley said...

Things I didn't know about our Alicia after 6+ months of dating and seeing her every day: #1, #9, #21 (probably my fault. muhahahah), #29 GASP! this one was a bit of a shock for me...who after 6 months am still struggling to find something SUBSTANCIALLY wrong with Alicia. #30 "likes them"

Things of note I picked up in reading this train of thinking exercise: Alicia is positive...read all the gratitude she conveys. When she is critical, it is only of herself. Of the critical things she gets after herself about, she is actively pursuing their remedies. Of the things she loves, most of them have to do with her serving others. (she even sleeps so she is not a grumpy nanny)
She posts 33 things about herself, but didn't even say it is her b-day today.

Happy B-day, Baby!

Valerie said...

Oh! Happy Birthday!

About the high heels...sorry, but fashion over function. They usually hurt unless you pay through the nose.

merebuff said...

Happy Birthday Alicia!!! You are pretty awesome, and you should come visit me in the fall so we can see the season in New England. Cole Haan have the comfiest heels (so I hear) but they are pricey. The more you pay the better they are.

stephanie said...

fun randomness. I didn't know you pray in cebuano, and i think it's funny that your fav. veggies are green beans and corn.

emily said...

as i read thru this list i can confidently say that the only ones i didn't know were the lunch today (cuz i talked to you before lunch) and the praying in cebuano (but i could have guessed - since you still seem to know the language so well - not that i speak it or anything ... ) and #25 and #28 ... (simply because i haven't asked ;)
in short - (even as i type this i am tearing up a little) you are truly one of my very best friends and i love you so much ... you are one of the best people i know and i hope you know that! i am blessed to have YOU in MY life. i have a special place in my heart that you will always find a home in! thank you and Happy Birthday!!

michelleyv said...

Hugs and loves and lots of miss yous.
Happy Birthday! I've been thinking about you and hope you know that I think you're magical and sparkling. Thank the HEAVENS that I dated your brother and gained one of my dearest friends. Maybe I should send Jacob a thank you note?

michelleyv said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan and Val said...

Oh Farrar! I miss you! I love your list . . . and KNEW (unfortunately not until seeing "33") that it was your b-day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY COMP! I can totally relate to #9 . . . ah, remember when we had to translate from Cebuano to English? I miss those days. Now, my only Cebuano conversations go on in my own head (and you know how crazy that can get!). You are an AMAZING woman, I especially love James' comment about you, I'm glad that he sees all of the wonderful things that you are! Ooh, and I want to have a massage after reading about yours, aren't they just heavenly?

Anyway, I miss our "late night talks" (back in the days of Mabolo). Our Patootie's turning ONE in December! If you happen to be passing by our way in Jan., please let me know (we're having a party for her!). Love ya!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday! I still think you (and Meredith) were some of the best roommates and friends ever.

Regarding #15, the swollen ankle: You may have Lymphedema. My husband has it in his left ankle. It was always swollen until the doctor had him do exercises and wear a compression sock every day and night. Now it never swells. It's something to do with the lymph nodes not draining properly and collecting fluid in your leg.

Funny how that's the comment that made me stop lurking!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Happy birthday Alicia! Our little Lucy shares the same birthday with you. Hope you had a great day!

Rae said...

Oh my sweet Alicia, I didn't read your post until today and should have remembered your birthday yesterday (my memory has left me due to three pregnancies). Where do I start… your love, kindness, service, compassion, guidance, and much more has helped me become who I am today. When I wanted to sway off of the path I thought….but what would Alicia say, she would be disappointed in me….Growing up through those difficult teen years were easier with you there! I love you Alicia and thankful that you have been in my life!!

Mandi said...

Happy Birthday! I think you are so amazing and I think about you all the time. I hope 33 is the best year yet!

Esther Noelle said...

Alicia you are such an amazing person! Seeing you a few weeks ago reminded me how much I like you and how easy/nice/great it is to talk to you. I hope you had an awesome birthday!!!

I haven't read this but a book Becca is reading about Simplifying your life is: It's All Too Much: An Easy Plan for Living a Richer Life with Less Stuff by Peter Walsh. :)

Anonymous said...

My cutest Alicia!! You are wonderful!! I am glad that I have the best cousins in the world and that families are forever!!!! About the high heels, I love them. I just started wearing them again myself. We have a on again off again relationship. But unfortunately the comfy ones are expensive. But I love how cute heels are. I hope you had a fun b-day.

Love you!!!

farmersdozen.com said...

Amazing Alicia, is truly your title. I am so glad you are a part of our life. Hope your birthday was the best ever...Time flies...I have known you for like 20 years...how can that be...wasn't it just yesterday...See you and James at Thanksgiving :)