Thursday, October 09, 2008

our quick trip to utah

We had a great flight, don't even worry that we got to the airport one half hour before our flight. CRAZY! We had some problems getting a car, but before long we were in Provo meeting the whole gang at Mimi's Cafe.

We met Jeremiah's girlfriend and her two kids. James met the rest of the group (our group has gotten a lot smaller over the years). Mimi's was so delicious, I wish there was one in Washington.

Jeremiah's new hobby

James even tried ropin'

James loved his JDawg!

Kaitlin in her apartment

Her new white coat

After the Sunday Morning session of General Conference

Conference was great!


It was pouring when we went into the Conference Center and sunny when we came out (therefore no sun glasses=squinty eyes)


Right before Elder Nash's closing prayer (on our way to the airport) we got pulled over for speeding
Why is James smiling?

Because we just got a warning!!!

On the airplane, just about to land in Seattle. See you next time Utah.

We had so much fun on our quick little trip to Utah. We spent most of the weekend in Provo, the land that I love. We played with friends, got little to no sleep and ate way more than I should have. Sounds perfect, huh? James was a great sport running around town to meet a lot of my friends. It was so much fun to show him off and to reunited with old friends. It was great to see all of you and we'll catch the rest of you next time. General Conference was great, I am excited to read the Ensign next month (personal favorites: Pres. Eyring and Sister Dalton). Like every time after I leave Utah, I can't wait to go back!

8 comments:

kaitlin said...

the list of things i was thinking as i read this:
a. thanks for the j dawg.
b. okay that picture of me and you is actually pretty cute. but alicia seriously the one of me in my coat? haha wow. but okay that coat is pretty cute.
c. that picture of you and james at conference is darling lets be honest.
d. the one of all three of us is way cute. good job jeff the photographer.
e. weird that they gave you a slip of paper for the warning? normally they just tell me it was a warning and send me off.
f. too bad we didn't get any picture of you guys at liv and esthers house! that was a bummer.
g. um. come back?

kaitlin said...

oh gosh and h. how could i forget. it was wonderful meeting that guy named james. now we are practically real friends.

James Quigley said...

one of my faves? Lindsay!

Mrs. James Quigley said...

Oh yeah, Lindsay gets a BIG shout out for letting us stay with her. Thanks Linds. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Ok first-I love Kaitlin's white coat!!! I want one so bad!! To bad it is too hot to even think about buying one. 2nd- We have a Mimi's Cafe down the road from us in case you want to visit (hint hint) And 3rd I am glad you got off with a warning. I have learned that all you need to do with the Utah cops is flutter your pretty eyes at them and you can get off. James, is that what you did? :) I am glad you guys had a blast, now you need to come a little further south!!!!

emily said...

lucky dawgs ... barely make it to utah ... and then a 'not-ticket' warning ... we're happy you're home safe and sound!

Olivia Carter said...

Oh gosh! I had SUCH a good time seeing you guys. Even for just a lil' bit & meeting your sweetie!

Esther Noelle said...

Yeah! Thanks for coming to visit us! It was great meeting you, James! And so good talking to you Alicia! :)