Tuesday, November 06, 2007

eleven years ago


This day in 1996 (affectionately known as the late nineteen hundreds) I entered the MTC. Can it really be? Has 11 years really passed? I loved the MTC. I made great friends and had a fabulous 2 months. It was hard. So hard. I learned the discussions in Cebuano and it was tough. There was one time I remember thinking, "Jacob is a liar this is not fun, he did not tell me this place is THIS hard." In the end the MTC was an awesome experience. It was a terrific start to my 18 month mission. I loved being a missionary and I loved serving in the Philippines. I have been so blessed...Tonight I am going to look for my missionary journal and MTC scrapbook and take a trip down memory lane. Harris, Shearer, and any of the rest of my batch who reads this: Happy Anniversary!

P.S. Happy Birthday Seth Leonard!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, it's been 11 years?? Sheesh. That's enough to make one feel OLD. I'm coming up on 10 - I like the idea of taking a walk down memory lane. I may do that.

jennycooks said...

ahhh, yes, it has been almost 8 years since my foiled mission plans... ok I just want to pretend I went to :) haha

emily said...

SHUTUP ... that means that i just had my 10 in august ... now if only i had an MTC scrapbook ... i have a journal ... that i didn't religiously write in ... and a picture/note book that i had my friends sign whenever i was transferred ... memory lane ... we should all get together and take the trip ... has anyone got a slide projector?? maybe trav could show us some pics of russia ... i have yet to see those!

Mrs. James Quigley said...

that would be fun, i could make some filipino food.

kaitlin said...

did i mention that someone...at the moment i can't remember who...which doesn't make this story all that exciting...but someone i know is going to the philippines! and i thought of you.
oohh its brian. as in kimball from weisers friend.
just thought i would share that.