Wednesday, October 24, 2007

parenting class 101

I love to share what I know and everyone knows that I think I know a lot. So, I thought I would start a new segment on my Blog. Look for parenting tip updates. Feel free to share what you know too. This will be good.

parenting tip #1
If toddler (pick an age, any age) is being naughty and needs a time out, put child in bed and turn up a favorite CD to drown out crying and carrying on. If child gets louder adjust the volume on the music. The crucial part, set a timer so you don't forget said child.

Disclaimer: My parenting tips might not be very PC so use at your own risk. I for sure will not be winning any parenting awards, but who does anyway?

Also, I know that I am only a "parent" for 40 hours a week so it doesn't really count. I am truly in awe of full time parents especially stay-at-home moms! This is not intended to offend or poke fun. I might even have something helpful to say from time to time.

P.S. Shouldn't there be a rule that someone in her thirties should not get pimples?

6 comments:

jennycooks said...

Setting a timer is the crucial part. Jacob is the time out king at our house. He is also very quiet and good at staying in his bedroom. So quiet that a LONG time can go by before I remember that I forgot he was being punished! But before everyone thinks I am terrible, by the time I remember and go and check on him, he is usually playing trains, lego's or someother non-timeout activity, so I don't feel as guilty.

jennycooks said...

And don't even worry about the pimples...I win on this one.

Kendra said...

Dont even get me started on the pimples! Oh, wait, I'm not 30 yet. But still, I mean really!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about the timer...I regularly forget how long my kids have been in time out for - especially when more than one is in at a time!! That reminds me, I'm going to buy a new timer. Have you seen the animal ones? You probably have. I think I might just blog about it! Love ya, and thanks for the tips, I never thought about music.

The Big Red Dogs said...

I love that other people want to drown out the kids too! I've found that head phones work best... The kids don't hear it, so they don't think you're having a party with out them.

The Big Red Dogs said...

I love that other people want to drown out the kids too! I've found that head phones work best... The kids don't hear it, so they don't think you're having a party with out them.