Sunday, October 07, 2007

one year...can you believe it?

Goodbye: Hello:
This weekend marks the anniversary of my big move. This time last year I packed up a moving truck, said lots of goodbyes and shed many tears before arriving back in Washington to start a new life as a grown-up. It was a hard for me to leave Provo. For the most part the transition has not been complicated. It is hard adjusting to a different social life, which has probably been the hardest part. I am blessed though to have my family and “the party” to hang out with. I have a great job that I have learned to love; I enjoy going to work every day (I also enjoy my days off!). I like my ward, my apartment, and the routine I have created. I love the area where I live and that friends occasionally come visit (everyone is invited). I am lucky that Utah is still close enough to visit often, I remain close with those friends I had to say goodbye to, I just pretend we are too busy to hang out all the time not living far apart. I think that I have grown spiritually these last 12 months. I have become more independent yet more dependent on the Lord. My life has been blessed and I have frequently seen the hand of God in it. Here is to the next however many years…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's already been a year!! Pretty soon we're going to be hobbling around on our walkers talking about years gone by. Here's to enjoying the moments!! Love ya!

emily said...

i can't either! we're so glad you're here! love ya!

monica said...

what is going on with that bottom pic of seattle? it looks like a 3D or something with the weird blue and red coloring in the tree. thats all. oh. and im sooo glad you moved back!