Sunday, October 14, 2007

thirty two is not my friend

Its official I don’t like the number thirty-two. Before today I was pretty indifferent towards it, but now I know that it is not my favorite. I might like thirty-two more in days, weeks and months to come, but for now we are not friends. I have a hunch that in 366 days (next year is a leap year) I will be loving thirty-two and hating the number thirty-three. In honor of the dreaded number I came up with a list of thirty-two things about me that you may or may not know. This is me at thirty- two:

(actually this was yesterday, a day before thirty-two)
1. It is near impossible for me to go to bed before midnight. I try, but my dad taught me the sleep is for wimps. I was thinking about maybe going to bed by 10pm and waking up at 5am to work out in the morning, but that is crazy. I don’t have that much faith in myself.
2. I love McDonald's Fiesta Chicken Salad, it is delicious. Try it.
3. I use cinnamon toothpaste. I also chew cinnamon gum. I made the switch from mint a couple years ago and I like much better.
4. I am starting to like working out. I still don’t love it, but I don’t hate it.
5. I like to sleep with an “eye patch” I think it is really called an eye mask. The problem is that I always lose them. I need to buy a year’s supply or something.
6. I love Halloween, but I hate dressing up. I do love dressing up little kids, just wait until you see what Leah is going to be for Halloween!
7. I want to go on a Cruise someday. I think right now that would be my dream vacation, maybe around the Caribbean or Hawaii.
8. I think I am pretty, not beautiful, gorgeous and definitely not hot, but pretty.
9. I struggle to do my visiting teaching each month; it is not hard so I don’t know why it is such a challenge for me.
10. I enjoy reading. I need to find some new books, I usually have a stack of books to read next, but I don’t now. Any suggestions?
11. I would love to be involved with Habitat for Humanity. I feel so passionately that everyone needs a place to call home.
12. I hate scary movies, or just being scared, I don’t understand people that like it.
13. I have a VHS player in my room and I watch videos.
14. I bought one of those exercise balls a month or so ago and have not used it once. It even comes with a DVD, haven’t used that either. It is green and kind of ugly in my living room. I will be moving it to my bedroom today.
15. I noticed my tan is fading. That breaks my heart; I know I might pay for it later, but I LOVE being tan.
16. I am really good friends with my parents.
17. I am a blog-addict. I read blogs every night. I am definitely a blog-stalker and not at all ashamed by it.
18. I wish I made bread and canned. That would be awesome.
19. I am going back to the Philippines (my mission) soon, maybe within the next two years. We are getting a Temple there and as soon as it is finished I am going to go see it. I plan on swinging by Hong Kong on the way back. Who wants to come with me? I am an excellent travel partner.
20. I love reality TV, not the smutty kind, but the kind that changes people’s lives and Survivor. Sometimes Survivor can be smutty. Right now I watch Survivor (of course) and Biggest Loser every week. I occasionally watch America’s Next Top Model, Top Chef, What Not to Wear and Dancing with the Stars. Disclaimer: Since I pretty much live by myself I watch TV at night, it is pretty pathetic.
21. Speaking of TV, I recently cut out MTV, Will and Grace, and other shows that are inappropriate/unnecessary for me to watch. I am really trying hard to be more selective about what I waste my time on.
22. I keep the main part of my house pretty clean, and the clothes in my closet are organized according to color, but my bedroom is a completely different story. I could not keep it clean and organized if my life depended on it. I have always had this problem and I am so afraid it will always be a struggle for me.
23. I am craving fish tacos from Cheesecake Factory. This summer I went through a fish taco phase. I want to bring it back, those were some good times.
24. My least favorite everyday chore is emptying the dishwasher, which is a problem since dishwashers need to be emptied everyday.
25. I still believe that I will find someone to marry me one day and I will have children. Mind you there is nothing in my current life that makes that seem possible. But I still believe that miracles happen and that is what it is going to take.
26. I love teaching. As long as I know something about the subject I like to teach it. I just got called to be in Young Women’s, I hope I get to teach. I am also teaching a craft at Enrichment in a couple weeks.
27. I babysit on the side of my regular job. I make good money doing it and that becomes my spending money. It is fun being just a babysitter and not the nanny.
28. I mostly listen to Country music in my car. Lately I started liking a station called The Mountain. They play music that people in their mid-thirties like, hence why I listen to it. If you live in Washington you should check it out. The music is kind of chill, but fun and familiar.
29. I need and want to scrapbook more. I am working on that goal. That will cut down my TV watching and Blog-stalking. That will be good.
30. I wish I was more thoughtful. I love nice, kind, thoughtful people. I need to be more like them. That is another thing I am working on.
31. I like what like and don’t like what I don't like, basically I am kind of opinionated and even stubborn. Oops, that is why I need to work on being nicer, etc.
32. I think of myself as simple. That may or may not be true, but it is what I think. I am not any extreme, just normal and ordinary, in a good way. I like who I am.

13 comments:

merebuff said...

Happy Birthday Alicia!!
I feel like a loser cuz I totally forgot...I hope you have a fabulous day!!

Kendra said...

Happy Birthday To You!!
Loved reading your list it was fun!

kaitlin said...

alicia you are so cute.
i love you so much!
i enjoyed your list.
ah can't wait to see you!

Lillian J. White said...

Hey lady! Happy b-day!
It was fun learning about you...we actually have much in common. Just wanted to let you know that i sadly don't have any good photos of Jared from snowbird. I was pretty sick up there and not my usual photo-taking obsessive self. I just have some of him playing tennis...action shots from FAR away up on our balcony.. ..lousy. Anyway, hope you have a lovely week!

jennycooks said...

Happy birthday! loved the list - losts of things I didn't know. I haven't visited your blog in forever! So fun!

Anonymous said...

You're the best, Leesh, thanks for the list. Also,thanks for being 32 first, I don't like it either. Happy birthday!! I just this very second realized that I didn't call you yesterday and say happy birthday. I told you I'm terrible!! I was with you all day on Saturday so I guess I thought that was enough. Sorry, I'm a loser.

Brandon said...

Alicia, you are great!

Olivia Carter said...

Alicia, have I told you lately that I love you? I really do! And Happy Birthday- PS can you email me your address! You are just the coolest- if I can find a way to ditch these babies & make some fast cash I'd LOVE to go to the Phillipines with you, & Hong Kong!

Olivia Carter said...

PS ditto the blog addict stuff too!

MEREDITH said...

You are so funny!!! I loved you list of 32, and Happy Birthday... Also great picture of you... You look like a HOT!!! 32 year old... Talk with ya soon hopefully.

Wendy M said...

I stumbled upon your blog (yep, through links from mutual blog friends), and love it! We have a lot in common, except that I have to say I LOVED 32! I had a HARD time with 30, and it wasn't till 32 that I got over myself. I'm now 34...inching towards the next "mid-youth crisis" as I've called it.
:-) Wendy M.

Wendy M said...

PS...my e-mail is wendylm2001@cs.com if you want to contact me.
:-)

Celeste Dodge said...

Hey Alicia,

I know this is kind of late, but I'm trying to cut back on the internet!! I talked to Tata the other day and she said that they broke ground on the Temple and it should be completed in 18-24 months. I am totally going!! I am considering going early next year sometime to get the Sisters started on those grocery bag bags. We'll see how they go. Let me know if you want to come with. I miss my blog, I am thinking of bringing it back. Also I'll give you a list of my favorite books:
1.The Twilight series written by Stephenie Meyer. I don't know if you have heard of them or not but they sound cheesy because they are about Vampires but I promise you you will fall in love with the vampire. He is so dreamy. I read all 3 books in 2 weeks!!
2.Tales of a female nomad by Rita Golden Gelman. Excellent book for wanderers like us. I love it. Tell me if you are going to read them.