Sunday, January 14, 2007

farmer fun week

Kade is great, he is a bundle of energy and very much a little boy (he does not like girl colors). At Church we were looking through the New Era for pictures of Baby Jesus. He saw Christ upon the cross and was shocked...."What happened?" he asked. I said, "Mean men killed Jesus and put Him up there." Kade replied, "I am going to poke those mean guys in their eye with my light saber. " Imagine him saying it in a little boy, mean voice while making a fist and putting it in his own eye. Classic.

At breakfast the first day back to school after a long winter's break. This picture was taken around 7:30am before scriptures and prayer. We were on the ball.

The trips and I spent a lot of time in the scrapbook nook in the basement. They are all taking a scrapbook class at the middle school and had to finish their final project. We also did other crafts here.

Rick, Laurie, Kaitlin and Joslin went to Hawaii for Christmas. I was able to get a few days off to take the last week on watch at the Farmers. We had a great time. There was no snow, the kids were fun, a little too much laundry but over all I had a great time and can't wait to do it again. This trip especially I was reminded how much I love this family and how fast the kids are growing up. I hate that part of it, but I am so happy that they are growing up to be such amazing young men and women. I am so blessed to have them in my life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have to say that you're a GREAT friend for going all the way to Idaho to take care of your friend's kids. It must have been quite an experience! It's a good thing they're good, huh??

The Dally Llama said...

Wait a minute... Isn't that kid just wearing a slightly updated version of the lady killer outfit your brother is sporting in the picture from your "Farrar past" post? The more things change, the more they stay the same. Plaids + sweater vests = get the chicks.

MEREDITH said...

Hello!!!! Hey busy bee do you ever check your hotmail email??? Let me know, sent you an email a while ago let me know if you received it or not... Talk to you soon...

Emily Anne said...

Hi Alicia!
This is Emily (Folsom) Williams. I just wanted to say hi and say that I miss your cute face and sparkly personality in my life :) this comment will link you to a very old blog that you shouldn't waste your time going to, but I have a new blog that I'd love for you to come and see! www.emilyanne.net take care! Hope to hear from you soon!