Sunday, March 23, 2008

happy easter

Happy Easter everyone! I have missed you all so much. I am having computer ISSUES right now so that problem coupled with being lazy has caused me not to post for twenty days or something like that (according to Kaitlin). I'm back. I hope for good. My dad lets me use his computer sometimes and until mine is fixed I will just upload my pictures onto his laptop and post from here.

I lot has happened since I posted last. The move from Bellevue back home to Lynnwood went amazingly well. I had lots of strong, buff men lend their services for the day. Thank you all so much. I am a pretty good mover, I had everything ready and they just loaded everything into the moving truck and/or unloaded in the storage unit. I was out of my apartment by early evening Saturday March 8th. I have been living at home for 2 weeks now and it is great. I am so grateful that I can be doing this. I am not home a lot and when I am it is nice to be with my family. I have changed my schedule a little and now I go to the gym in the morning before work to avoid all of the crazy traffic, and I go in the afternoon when I need to do the same. It has only added 20 minutes onto my commute each way and in Seattle that is not bad at all. I am so blessed.

Easter brings the end of mine and Emily's "only one treat a week" challenge. We did very well. It wasn't hard at all. We are now going to change it to only twice a week, but I don't need treats as much anymore so I am sure there will be weeks that I only have dessert once. I celebrated with Easter candy. I got mini eggs for Leah's Easter basket because I wanted some. And let me tell you folks, they were so good. Very much worth the wait.


Now to be serious for a moment. I am so grateful this Easter season to celebrate Jesus Christ and remember all that He has done for me. I am thankful for the beautiful promise of Resurrection and for the Atonement. I taught YWs today and challenged all of the girls to read the March Ensign, the special issue on Jesus Christ (also see this new website). I also encouraged them to write down their testimonies of the Savior, to ponder this question "What say ye of Christ?" Matthew 16:13-16. I feel like my testimony of the Atonement was strengthened the most my first couple of years at BYU when it was my Stake's focus. Not coincidentally the more I learned the more I believed and the more I lived (and continue to live) what I believe. That is how the gosple works. Elder Marvin J. Ballard said, "Once you understand the Atonement your life will never be the same." I agree. Take some time today and this Easter time to ponder your relationship with the Savior and your feelings about the Atonement.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Does this mean you're leaving the ward?

And I LOVE those eggs! mmmmm