Wednesday, June 18, 2008

deception pass

We had the boys over the weekend and had so much fun together! The weather was perfect and everything worked out beautifully. After dropping off Sicily with her mom (see previous post) we headed to Whidbey Island to see one of my favorite spots in the Pacific Northwest. Deception Pass. James is a great sport he is always willing to do whatever I suggest, even if he doesn't know where we are going or what we are going to do when we get there. He is great for so many reason, that is just one of them. I was surprised that he didn't love the bridge, I think it was mostly because he is a caring dad afraid for the safety of his boys. I think if it was just him walking across the wobbly bridge with oncoming traffic and no place to go if a car was out of control, he wouldn't be as worried. He liked lounging at the beach much better. We spent a couple of hours at the beach, the water was cold but the boys didn't care they loved playing it and gathering seaweed. You should have seen the sand that covered their two little bodies, good thing we brought a change of clothes. We ate dinner before taking a 10:30pm ferry back to our side again. Another near perfect day!











6 comments:

Nakita Ellis said...

Alicia you look so happy! It makes me Happy!! Those little boys are adorable.

stephanie said...

I think that if anything awful were to happen on that bridge it would have been Aiden falling off James' shoulders. Scary!

Kendra said...

james - i wouldn't have liked it either! i was holding on to my seat just looking at the pictures!

Valerie said...

I'm with the scaredy-cats when it comes to the bridge and kids - go back sometime just the two of you and see how much he likes it then. Deception Pass has always been one of my favorite west-side places. Probably my absolute favorite is Chuckanut Drive from Mt. Vernon to Bellingham. Take a day a cruise it sometime for me - gorgeous!

James Quigley said...

While I like to think I am fearless in many other areas of life, heights has always been a piece I have worked on hard. I love it that Alicia gives me opportunities to fight through my fears, to face them and live them.

Add to that the unpredictibility of an impetuos 3-year-old and an immortal soul just learning to reason within the mind of a 6-year old and 40-mph traffic within arm's length and it's a definite nerve churn.

But the beach...heavenly. And the view was heaveny too... it was a VERY piratey place.

Maly and Dan said...

Hi, I am Joseph's friend since BYU days. And Joseph has told me about how he knows you, etc. I just wanted to say I love looking at your blog and I love how you enjoy life and how you take it day by day. Thanks for your example. My blog is under Joseph's list of blog friends.