Saturday, November 01, 2008

halloween 2008

Warning: There are a lot of pictures in this post, but you'll just love 'em.

Halloween started last week with Nicki's big Halloween Bash. James stayed home with the boys and I went with my family. It was a great party.

The best costume ever...can you guess what they are?

The wild party goers!

At the party...

The party (minus James)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Andy Shaw


I like my hair down better
Pigging out at the party, there was so much good food
We made caramel apples with the Nylands last Saturday. I don't think I've really ever done that before. It was a little messy. I don't know how people make them look so good, ours were kind of sloppy. But they tasted dang good. Did I mention I love fall?

This is what we started with
Thanks guys for your help, so glad you came over
The madness

Too much fun!

After we used caramels it was a free for all with all of the leftover fixins'

This is what we ended up with

The boys and I made Mummy-dogs after Church on Sunday. The boys enjoyed making them and surprised James with a spooky lunch. Its the little things, that make such great memories.




Caramel Apple face- yum!


For Sunday dinner we all pitched in and had a Halloween feast. Check out more pictures here.

I forgot to be afraid...(this picture reminds me Bella and Edward)
Halloween soda, I forgot these for our dinner. Dang. We drank them a few days later.



We finally carved our pumpkins on Halloween Eve at my parents house. James spent a lot of time on his pumpkin and it's awesome. He's so creative. Good job honey.

We roasted these pumpkin seeds and they are so good

Total concentration (James' pumpkin phase one)

Phase two
Phase three- the masterpiece

For the Farmers!

I love this guy...and James is pretty great too
I even wore my pumpkin PJ's
Actual Halloween...last night. Up until an hour before our Ward Party we didn't know what we were going to "be." James sewed himself a pirate blouse(?) out of a t-shirt sheet. Sorry honey, I can't remember what its called. The looked hot. I was a witch. Obviously. I even wore fish net stalkings...don't even worry that we wore our costumes to the movies with Monica after the party. (We saw Secret Life of Bees, so good!)



Cute idea: Church tables over in plastic table clothes, it looked like a pumpkin patch

3 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

What great costumes! You HOT as a witch & I love the pinata costume too!

Looks like you guys had lots of fun activites & that pumpkin is UBER!

farmersdozen.com said...

Funny Alicia...your pumpkin pose! Stephanie and Rob's costume so clever!!! And LOVE the church table/pumpkins1 So clever and cute!!!

brooke said...

WOW! Looks like great halloween fun! James' pumpkin carving is pretty impressive (your was good too). YOu guys look good in your last minute costumes. I'm lame; I just always wear black.