Monday, April 02, 2007

hanging with the crazies



Yikes, sorry for the scary picture. There were other ugly ones, but I was too shy to put them on the world wide web. These little boys are who I hang out with every day. Connor is 4 years old and quite the character. He has his moments where I would rather he not be by me, but for the most part I love to talk with him and watch him grow. He loves dinosaurs, art projects and listening to stories. Nolan will be 2 in August (sorry you just get to see his eyes). He is a sweet little guy with a 2-year-old attitude already. He knows what he wants and is quite persistent. I often say to him "you will be the death of me." We spend a lot of time together just the two of us and it is fun. Last week he learned how to say Connor's name and it is so funny. It is exciting to see him change and become a little boy, no longer a baby. I love getting to be with these boys, to teach them and also learn from them. I once heard a woman speak about being a mother. She said that her children are constantly teaching her how be more like Christ, more like the person she capable of becoming. Because of them she learns patience, forgiveness, etc. She said it so much better, but I totally agree. Even though I did not birth these children, I am their "mom" 40 hours a week. I am grateful for that.....

3 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

finally a picture of those ding dang kids...it's about time!

f*bomb. said...

Best story of tonight:
My friend's family went to a Lutheran Church for Easter, and kept the children beside her (rather than the nursery with all the other kids). The children were doing the usual children things (colouring and humming to themselves), when a stranger-woman in the pew behind them leaned forward and told them to "BE QUIET!" (Everyone heard her.)

The 3 year old stood up on her bench in her patent-leather shoes and Easter best and retorted, "You are NOT showing the love of Christ!"

Kids. They are so f*ing smart.

monica said...

you look so cute in all these pics!