Sunday, May 17, 2009

date night

James found this place on yelp

we got a sample platter...it was okay

you eat with your hands using a pita bread like food (except for really spongy and a little sour) to scoop up the goods

the show is about to start


Date nights are very serious business at our house. We try to go on a date every week, our dates are mostly simple, dinner and a movie type. And sometimes we try new things, like Ethiopian food. That was interesting! Then we came home for a short nap before heading to the theater for the 12:01am showing of X-man. That was a great date. Last week we went to the Temple and then out for dinner. Anything goes. We take turns planning, we have a monthly date budget, we have specific date night rules (like no laundry or cell phones, if we eat dinner at home it has to be by candlelight, etc.) and we try to dress up. I love date nights with my sweetie and I am SO grateful that they are important to James. What are some of your favorite date night ideas?

6 comments:

Valerie said...

I LOVED Wolverine!

Melissa said...

Date nights are so important! Sometimes it seems nearly impossible to make it happen, but it's all about priorities, right? We like taking turns to plan as well and have really enjoyed our dates where we learn together, museums or from our "expert friends" and their interests.

Esther Noelle said...

That looks like fun! You guys are too cute! I love date night too! For me going out to eat and just sitting and talking is always my favorite!

Olivia Carter said...

Ethiopian food! DC is famous for having a million Ethiopian places. I'm not a huge fan but it is fun.

Date nights are SO hard sometimes! We need to get better. We like to go get icecream, we've been meaning to go bowling or to a shooting range, and I've heard those paint your own pot things are cool dates too.

brooke said...

we like to putt putt, go to an arcade, shop... and of course eat and go to movies.
but I did just do a girls night that would be a great date night too. We went to a place where you can pick your pottery piece, paint it, then they fire it up for you and its ready in a week.
Fun!

MEREDITH said...

She is back!!!! Looks like you guys are doing great, I hope all is well... I LOVE DATE night it is a much required time for just you and your main squeeze. We (me and my squeeze) just need to make sure we do it more, I just love going to dinner and talking or a movie... Seriously it is needed by all married couples (especially those with kids!!!) Glad that you are blogging again...