Sunday, May 17, 2009

easter

We started the week before Easter with Family Home Evening lesson on Jesus Christ. I hung a ribbon by the fireplace and for family scripture study all week we read about an event from the last week of Christ's life each night. We hung the coordinating picture up on the ribbon as a reminder all week long. It was really great, we also tried to focus more on the Savior (Mr. Easter Bunny doesn't get to stop by the Quigley house, but Santa comes for Christmas!). We had a family Easter egg hunt on Saturday, but Sunday was church, talking about Christ and a family dinner. Oh, and we had the boys for Spring Break this year, which meant they were home for our first Easter as a family.

3 comments:

James Quigley said...

Thanks sweety for keeping our home pointing us towards the really important things. We love you. I'm glad I found you for our sons, but more especially, I am glad I have you for myself.

Great work, sweetheart!

Kathryn said...

I can see that I need to step up my FHE's... we only did one lesson on Easter. Just kidding, I think that is a way great idea. I might have to do that next year. I love your post about date night. I really look forward to date night too. You seem very happy Alicia! I am very happy for you. What a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Easter is such a great holiday, and such a good time for teaching the kids!! I do have to admit my stupidity, after being on pain killers for almost a week, and trying to figure out how to be a mom to little ones again, I about freaked out thinking I had missed Easter, only to realize it was a last month. Whew! Being brain dead is not a good thing!!