Thursday, June 04, 2009

date night challenge



A sister (family marriage therapist, 39 weeks pregnant with her 2nd son, super cute) in my Ward issued a challenge to all of us in her marriage class at Enrichment Meeting earlier this week. The class was called "An Enduring Happy Marriage" and it was really good. At the end of it she challenged us to 4 weeks of date night with no media. I think that means no TV, movies, DVDs, etc. She said we can rent a movie and watch it during the week but just not on date night. Sounds fun, huh? A little bit of a challenge, I like going to the movies or watching a movie in bed, but the Quigleys are up for the challenge...anyone else want to join us?
So last night on our date we stayed local and ate at a delicious Greek restaurant in downtown Kirkland. It was so warm and lovely, we took our food outside and ate at a little table on the sidewalk. It felt like we were on vacation. We walked to the waterfront and people watched. People watching, btw, is often better than the movies. Boy, did we see some characters last night. We talked a lot, sat silent and just watched, so peaceful and wonderful. I love date night with my sweet husband.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

No media! That IS a challenge! What a great idea though. I'll have to get creative but so worth it.

carol said...

Alicia, please help your mom set up her own Facebook account! I told her today I'd invite her to be my friend, but I've got a wrinkle in my internet address/password??? I guess. It says I have 'bad parameters'--well, how RUDE!--and she's waiting!! Thanks!