Thursday, December 06, 2007

snow in seattle

December 1st brought the first snow this winter. I was very surprised and excited. I really like the snow the big problem is that I hate driving in the snow, it is one of my biggest fears. It makes me so nervous. My fear of driving in the snow is one reason why I bought a Subaru. I feel a little safer now, but I still am not a fan. Since the snow came on a Saturday that I had planned on just being a bum, it was perfect. I did, however, babysit up a Mountain. Yikes, that was scary. Little did all of the residents of Western Washington know that our snow on Saturday would turn into rain on Monday that would become the second most raining day in history for the State. It was actually pretty disastrous. I feel blessed that we were all safe, just a little wet. And I pray for those thousands just a little south of us without a home this Christmas season.
What I saw outside my home when I opened the door.

Happy for the snow. What I look like at 7am Saturday morning on the way to the gym (sorry you all had to see this).

Happy for more snow. I looked much better before I went out in public again, thank goodness.

My Subaru handled the snow like a champ. It was so beautiful to drive through the snow listening to Christmas music.

The blizzard I drove in Saturday night (okay, so it wasn't really a blizzard, just more snow than I feel comfortable with).

5 comments:

jenn w said...

Great before and afters. Or early and laters. Or whatever! I was going to say that I love the Farmer family! But then came the post about the snow...you're too fast") Before they were in Alderwood or Brier (not sure) ward, they were in Edmonds II and Laurie was one of my either beehive or miamaid teachers and she just had kaitlyn I think. Tell her I said HI, although she might not remember me. But tell her anyway and that she's still adorable after all this time.

emily said...

you're so brave to drive in the blizzard! the snow was beautiful huh!

Debra said...

It was my first real waking-up-to-snow-in-my-own-residence experience. I almost grabbed the video camera or my digital camera, but I didn't. I was out driving around in it, and I quite enjoyed it. It wasn't so snowy that I was scared to drive in it (I have more or less zero experience driving in snow), but it was so pretty!

The Big Red Dogs said...

I guess this means you'll never come to visit Wyoming... The one month that there hasn't been snow was August. We got about 8 inches last night, and it's still coming down! I think I enjoy it enough to make up for your dislike... Good luck driving in it though, at least you've got a good car!

Olivia Carter said...

Woot! Woot! I like the way the snow looks- especially in your hair, but hate it on my car!