Friday, January 25, 2008

a glimpse of summer

Do you see that? The shadow of the camera in front of my face, it is from the SUN!!! We had almost a whole week of sun here in Seattle, it has been so beautiful. I even brought out my sun glasses for the first time in months. I love it. Don't get me wrong, it has been freezing cold, but the cool temperatures are easier to endure when the sun is shining. One day last week the boys and I headed over to Natalie's work to play with the kids. It turned out to be a gorgeous day, we put our jackets on and went for a walk. It made me so happy, it turns out that my mood is, to some degree, influenced by the weather. This glimpse of summer made me so excited for the real thing. I am counting the days...






7 comments:

The Dally Llama said...

Hey Lick. Just thought I'd drop a line and say howdy. Sounds like you need to move to a warmer, sunnier place. I know of one, and I'll be there in June -for good this time.

Also just wanted to point out that you're looking fantastic-er each time I check in on your blog.

Mrs. James Quigley said...

dallie doo- one problem with the warmer place...I love the sun not so much a fan of the HOT. Seattle in the summer is pretty perfect (although only for a small part of the time). I can't believe you are going to be a real live grown-up soon. Wow.

And thanks. Maybe you need to up and visit me in Seattle in Sept. BYU is playing UW!!! That would mean I have seen you every fall for the last 3 years...come on, you know you want to.

The Dally Llama said...

That may just be possible. I'll definitely look into it.

Heidi said...

Do Leah's pants come in my size? How cute are those!?

monica said...

i love this blog. summer is much happier, but i do love a brisk sunny day as well. leah is so cute! she is so big these days.

jennycooks said...

ohhh,that leah is a sweet cheeks.

jennycooks said...

p.s. stop bragging about your warm weather, I am in icicle he** over here. I don't think it will ever be warm again...