Tuesday, January 15, 2008

goodbye 2007, hello 2008

Grandma Jackie stayed with us for a week or so after Christmas. Leah really loves her GG. It was fun having her with us.
Leah had a taste of the gingerbread house before it went in the trash. It was funny, she liked taking all of the candy off more than eating the candy.

Our friends the Carters came over to make birthday cards, it was so fun. They made really cute cards, I can't wait until we do this again.

I made a cute little present for a darling family I babysit. It was easy and not expensive, everyone should make one. There is a candle inside the jar.

Monica's new haircut is super stylish and way chic, too bad my hair is neither!

I celebrated the New Year a little after 10pm with the Shaws before running home. I should have stayed at the Shaws. My family was watching Harry Potter when I returned, we didn't even stop it to watch the ball drop....pretty anti-climatic. But it is the New Year just the same and I am way excited for 2008.

Dad and me, I think it was still 2007 when we took this picture.

We spent New Years Day with Leah, we had a dance party. Leah thinks we are a little crazy.

Kisses from Leah (P.S. I really like my hair in this picture, its like a commercial, too bad I got a haircut a couple of days later. It is not as pretty now).

We took a picture before Monicorn left us for BYU-I. Have fun Monica, we miss you.


Phew, posting that was a chore. I am glad that I am caught up now, well mostly. The holidays we fabulous. I got over one week off and it was so wonderful to have a vacation. It was great to spend a lot of time with my family and just chill. It was really hard to go back to work, but it is good to be back to my real life. 2008 is starting off well, I am still working on my goals for this New Year and I will be posting them soon so you will hold me accountable to them. I love you all and I hope this year brings all you deserve.

9 comments:

Kendra said...

finally a new post! I want one of those gifts, except with a different picture on it!:)

Olivia Carter said...

Oh such cute pictures! And I LOVE your hair in that picture too!

Heidi said...

You are the craft queen! (What is it made on?) Cute pics. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

jenn w said...

Aliciadiane,

You are so very photogenic. Your hair IS ad worthy. Why on earth did you cut it? kidding, i dont even know what the new 'do' looks like. Im sure it is cute! And is that janae? I havent seen her in years!

Anonymous said...

Your hair still looks awesome! You have great hair. You could never do anything worse to it than the haircut I met you with anyway. ;) You've turned into a serious babe!

Mrs. James Quigley said...

Kendra, send me a picture I'll send you back a canvas! Heidi Mae, it is a canvas board from the craft store. I just used glue dots to adhere everything. So easy and super cute. Jenn, that is actually Janae's younger sister Kerianne and their Mom. Nicki, cruel, but thanks.

kristen said...

alicia. i love to read your blog. I miss seeing you. Perhaps a spring break in Utah is in order? Or maybe a trip to Seattle? I'll meet you half way in the middle of nowhere, just to see your face. :)

MEREDITH said...

So when are we going to get posts of the new "do" all the pictures are super cute, hope all is well talk with ya soon...
MERE

Lindsay Jane said...

Monica needs someone to chew the spicy out...this made me laugh.

http://monicafarrar.blogspot.com/2007/10/not-fan.html