Tuesday, January 29, 2008

friday night with the ladies

A couple of weeks ago I met my sister Natalie, our mom and a few ladies from their ward at a local bookstore to hear one of my favorite authors speak. I started reading Shannon Hale in my college Children's Lit. Class. Her books are mostly fairy tales, with some magic and romance. They are great for girls, but everyone loves them (my brother-in-law read the Goose Girl series). Traveling with Shannon was Libba Bray, I hadn't heard of her, but I bought her books and I am already a fan. I am having issues with blogger so I couldn't link their names to their websites, but google them to find a list of the books they wrote. Have fun reading!
Shannon Hale, beautiful and talented. Read her books, magical I tell you.

I can't wait to read me some Libba Bray.

The Ladies singing for the audience. They were pretty funny together. Read their books and go listen to them speak if you ever get the chance. It's like a two-women comedy show!

Shannon rolled out a collection of her rejection letters before teaching us the "neaner neaner dance" About her rejection she said "rejection pushes you to where you need to be." True in life not just in trying to get something published.

6 comments:

jennycooks said...

I totaly picked up that Libba Bray book at Barnes and Noble last weekend! Wierd! I had never heard of her, but the book is like a best seller already and it looked inviting. I think it is a series - I think. I didn't end up buying it, but now maybe I will!

Heidi said...

LOVE Shannon Hale! Thanks for introducing me to her books. I'll have to read Libba's book too cuz if she's with Shannon, she must be great. Plus I love her name!

Olivia Carter said...

Oh I'm so jealous- you know how I liked Bibba Brays books. That is NEAT! I'll have to check out Shannon Hale- I've never heard of her before. Good stuff!

MEREDITH said...

I always love hearing of good books from someone who has already read them so Thanks... Also updated my blog address to therosenvallclan.blogspot.com so you can update it... Have Fun

Rachael said...

i found your blog via nicki's bloggin' awards, and I just wanted to tell you that I too love Shannon Hale's works! So fun!

monica said...

good thing i randomly found out about her coming. so remember how i told you i bought the book to read, well 2 of my roommates have already read it. im like on page 30. baah.