Thursday, February 14, 2008

this is me...

Kaitlin tagged me a while back....here are my answers to "7 things you never knew you wanted to know about me" (I renamed it). I am tagging Abi, Elyssa Mae, Ammon and Easton. My friend Kendra's kids were tagged, it was fun to learn more about them. Now the WWW will get to learn all about the crazy Shaw kids!

usa. When I straighten my hair (maybe once a week), I get a lot of compliments. I mean, A LOT. It is nice, people are kind. But, it makes me wonder what the heck my hair looks all of the others days of the week. Is it really that bad? I should obviously be embarrassed to out in public with curly hair. I am not. However, I should find time to "brush" my hair more often. That should be a new goal, but I might be too lazy for such things.

duha. I am so excited for summer (have I mentioned that before?), yesterday I bought 2 new pairs of shorts and tried on my last year's summer clothes. I am so excited.

tulo. I cleaned and organized my bedroom, I even vacuumed in preparation for my houseguests Micah and Rachel. I am so excited to have 2 friends from Provo come spend a couple days with me. The sun is shining and I have tomorrow off, we are going to have so much fun!

upat. I am moving from my darling apartment that I have lived in for only 1 year. So sad. I couldn't find a roommate to replace my current roommate that is leaving. Where am I going? Oh, I have no clue. Don't even worry I am about to be a thirty-something homeless person. Thanks in advance to all of my friends and family that will let me sleep on their couch. And their husbands that will be helping move in 3 weeks. "I grow up to be a loser" (from Disney's The Kid, so funny and fitting).

lima. I have given up sugar/sweets until Easter. My own version of Lent. Emily is doing it with me and she is rocking it. I am so proud of her! We allow ourselves one dessert a week. Last Friday we had dessert at Claim Jumper-YUMMY! We can eat sugar free stuff and up to one Chocolate Chip Fiber One bar a day (they taste like cheating, they are that good).

unom. Something cute happened at Church today. I was sitting down the pew from the missionaries and half way through Sacrament Meeting one of their investigators walked in. Man, you should have seen their faces. They were so happy. I think they exchanged low-fives (a high-five would have been inappropriate in the middle of Sister Suber's talk) and I know they wanted to do a little dance. It was darling, and it brought me back 10 years ago to my mission. I have known that feeling before and I even felt a little of that today with the Elders! Way to go!

pito. I am really happy. I know that my happiness comes from living the gospel of Jesus Christ and from my knowledge in a loving Heavenly Father that knows me. I will be provided for. I am not worried. I don't know very much about my future, or shoot even the next few weeks, but I do know that everything always works out. I am always blessed. In the World Wide Training Meeting it was mentioned again that "when we do what Heavenly Father wants us to do He WILL bless us." I know this to be true. I have seen it and I see it every day. This is one of favorite topics so if anyone is struggling with this please let me know and I will tell you what I know...I am so blessed.

6 comments:

tricki_nicki said...

You're so funny Leesh! I for one am excited to have you as a part of our family (even if it's only when you're sleeping. You're the busiest person I know!)

Anonymous said...

Oh, there's my face. That's awkward.

DDD said...

i want to see this short hair!!!

and ps...we updated!

Heidi said...

You are so cute! I love that you know exactly who you are.

Move to Colorado!!! Rent is cheaper here.

PS - What's with the usa, duha, etc... Oh, maybe you are counting in Cebuano???

*b said...

you're moving??? NOOOOOOO...

fill me in please!!!

*brittany

Debra said...

You are so cute! :P

And that's with curly or straight hair!