Wednesday, February 27, 2008

midwinter break

Last week we had Midwinter Break, which meant Connor had no school which meant we could play! Yippee! We still had a few things on our schedule, but we were not near as busy as we are in real life. Tuesday was Connor's birthday (he is 5 now), we met Natalie and gang at Kid's Quest and went to lunch before spending the rest of the day together at my work. On Wednesday just three of us went to the Museum of Flight for a couple of hours. I really like the "airplane museum, " the boys like it too and did a really good behaving themselves. Then Thursday my boys and I met, Natalie, Leah, Mason and Mac at the Seattle Aquarium. The Aquarium was great, it wasn't too busy and they had a couple new exhibits/activities that were way fun. I full on lost Nolan. Not fun. I don't know what happened, but he was at the front desk quite pleased with himself when I finally found him (they called my name over the loud speaker just as I saw him sitting there, not at all afraid). What a naughty kid. He was not happy that he had to have a timeout in the stroller for a little while. We all ate lunch at Red Robin, the 5 kids did pretty good. I just think restaurants should be better at serving families with children. Like honestly, how hard was it to have a basket of fries ready as soon as we ordered? Obviously extremely difficult. It took over 20 minutes to get our food...the natives got a little restless, but there were very few tears and no drinks were spilled (at least I don't remember any). Last week was just a preview of Summer Break and that is exciting. I like having a schedule to stick to, but it is much more fun to have free time to run around town without an time restrictions.




5 comments:

lydia moyer said...

OMGosh Hi! i just barely learned about blogging like two weeks ago and i can't believe what i have been missing. i am a stalker too. i keep trying to find more and more friends. i saw your link at my brothers site. you look fabulous ESPECIALLY with wavy hair:) Neal actually got me going on this blogging thing. he kept on bugging me to get one going so i did and i love it. i have heard from so many people that i have not heard from in forever. go check out my blog its moyerclan.blogspot.com
you look so great i would love to here from you.

Olivia Carter said...

That sounds like SO MUCH fun, woman! Not the lost kid stuff but everything else sounds like a lot of fun! P.S. I had the same experience at Red Robin too! Darn me for liking their burgers too much to boycott!

jennycooks said...

You are supermom already alicia. Our own supernanny. That sounds like alot of fun, and very ambitious!

monica said...

fun!
leah seems to be getting better at posing and smiling for photos! and she is wearing cute shoes!

monica said...

fun!
leah seems to be getting better at posing and smiling for photos! and she is wearing cute shoes!