Sunday, January 27, 2008

phase one

My secret (I have mentioned this before but it is still hard for me to admit) is that I am messy. Mostly only in my bedroom so no one really sees it but it is constantly there, always nagging at me. It is so embarrassing to me, it is probably the thing I least like about myself. I am working on it, daily I work on it. Maybe one day I will have it ALL together. Today I spent most of the day working on my room and mostly the scrapbook room part. It is not at all finished, but I got a great start on it. I call it phase one, I still have a lot to do. I have dreams about my cute bedroom and darling scrapbook room, I am on my way. My clean room is going to help me sleep better at night, I can just feel it. P.S. If anyone is looking for a great scrapbook store I have one in my bedroom...come on over! Also, if any one has mad organization skills feel free to stop by, I can pay you in scrapbook supplies. One more thing, please don't tell any potential suitors about my little secret, he will need some time to fall in love me first before he is privy to know.

Before:

After:



13 comments:

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

I have a secret too...I wish you were the only one with this secret! I happen to share your secret. My scrap stuff is multiplying behind closed doors I think. Good for you though to have completed phase one. I am now far behind you!

The Big Red Dogs said...

Thank goodness I'm not the only one... Although mine is less of a secret than I'd like to think... You're much braver than I~ My closet will never be photographed, let alone put on display!

emily said...

looks fabulous leesh! congrats! keep up the great work ... when you have it mastered ... you can come on over and work on mine! wink wink

Anonymous said...

Wow Leesh, it looks GOOD! I'd offer my organizational skills but I think Mrs. Shaw needs them first...

Ella said...

I think standing up the 4 drawer stacker was definitely an improvement! I was just saying to Matt today, "do you think we will ever have the type of bedroom that doesn't cause us to feel mortified if anyone happens to see it?" The rest of the house is tidy but it's all a facade. If you see our room you'll notice I've simply shoved all the junk in there.

kristen said...

Holy Cow! Get here NOW! I am hiring you to do mine! Looks good my friend...real good.

Esther Noelle said...

Um, that looks about a million times better!!!! Hurray! Good for you!

Heidi said...

It is so nice to know that I am not alone in my guilt! I get after my kids and yet my room looks 10 x's worse. I'm afraid I'm raising packrats, piggies, and who knows what other vermin. Okay, I wouldn't go that far, but I still wouldn't post my before pics. You are my hero!

The Dally Llama said...

Wow. Suddenly my obsession with fly fishing and fly tying seems downright pedestrian by comparison.

Do you seriously have that much stuff just for scrapbooking? That's just not possible.

monica said...

it looks so good in there!! now i want to come see it!

jennycooks said...

It makes it a little difficult to have it all organized when the scrapbooking stuff is inside your room. I have the same problem. I feel your pain. You go with your bad self. Nothing feels better than 12 hours of a clean room. I would let it get messy again just for the addictive high you get when its all 'organized' (key heavenly music)

Ryan and Val said...

Farrar, I don't remember you being messy . . . you're still PERFECT to me! I'm sure if you saw my bedroom, you'd reconsider the meaning of "messy". I've been meaning to call you but don't know if I still have your ph. #. If you can, please email it to me. Salamat! love, aquino (val)

Nakita Ellis said...

Alicia!! How have you been??? Are you going to be down in Utah anytime soon? Let us know when you are so we can have you over for dinner. Okay...You sound like me, up until marrying Eric, my room has been a total disaster. I've always kept the rest of my house clean, but definitely not my room. This has also been an embarrassment of mine, so when I married Eric, I vowed to keep the room clean. So far, so good. I love your blog, tons of pictures - my fav!!! Anyway, I just started a blog, hope you don't mind that I added you:)