Monday, April 14, 2008

blessed is this life, i want to celebrate being alive

Saturday was a beautiful sunny day! Honestly, it is hard to find the right words to fully explain how perfect the weather was...the sun was HOT on my face. I wore shorts, short sleeves and flip flops, heaven! The whole town was going crazy, you could feel the happiness in the air. I want more sunny days. Who do I talk to about that?


Not only was the weather perfect, but so was the company. I planned to show James the town on a beautiful day, he misses his Dallas heat and I am so glad that Seattle delivered (I know it wasn't the same, but after the Winter we've had it's pretty dang close). We ate Dick's hamburgers in Gas Works Park overlooking Lake Union and we canoed on Lake Washington (after enjoying the sun while waiting for a canoe for a couple of hours). We ended the evening with a huge piece of red meat grilled on the BBQ and a rousing game of Cranium with Mom and Monica. Perfection.

Gas Works

Waiting for a canoe

James' big buoy friend that he wanted to bring home

Have a mentioned that I LOVE the sun?

I really like this new friend of mine

13 comments:

Esther Noelle said...

GREAT pictures, Alicia! :) I'm glad you has such an awesome day. We've been having gorgeous weather in Provo too and it's so refreshing!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys. While I'm a bit shy to have all these juicy pictures of me out there, I got to spend this whole day with Alicia and it was an amazing day! Any of you who have spent time with Alicia are already jealous, but what she didn't tell you is the way she set it up. I'm not much of a planner and much more spontaneous, but When I picked her up, I got to pick 1 of 4 envelopes to see where we were headed first. After a literally PERFECT Dick's picnic, I got to pick from another 4 envelopes. Good thing she's a better planner than she is with a canoe paddle. :)

I think I'm gonna like Washington.

Olivia Carter said...

Woot! Alicia- about ALL of it!

Lindsay Jane said...

Sounds like a lovely day. Seems like a lovely boy.

merebuff said...

details missy!

Mrs. James Quigley said...

James - abt 3/4 of the way through mine and Rob's canoeing trip on Lake Washington I asked him why paddling was so easy, that's when he realized that he had been doing all the work. oops.

Mrs. James Quigley said...

ps. that last comment was from me, steph, I just remembered I hopped on when Alicia was logged in.

Heidi said...

What!? It snowed when we were there! We will have to come back home soon.
Fun date! I may have to try that envelope thing with my James.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great day with great people!If you like the heat you need to come visit me and the kids in Arizona!!! We miss you!!! And yes James I am jealous you got to spend the day with Alicia because she is awesome. And good job getting her to eat sushi.

Amy

Anonymous said...

to be honest, Alicia didn't really put up a fight about the sushi...in fact, she was more adventurous than most! I think that inside she is probably more of an explorer than she will admit to herself or at least to us.

Maybe she can go at her own pace that way. Or maybe it was my overwhelming hypnotic charm that forced an innocent victim to slurp down cold raw fish flesh. Thanks for the credit, but I think you must know Alicia better than THAT. >;D

Cory said...

Glad the sun came out for your fun day! You guys are darling!

linsey said...

alicia, its me linsey. a little bird (SHAVS) sent me your link and i love seeing your beautiful face. you are a hot mama especially in those shots with jeremiah! also in your foxy sunglasses. seeing your utah pictures made me homesick for our fun times of yore...

Gini said...

Oh how I long for the sun!! It snowed all day today! And seriously, what a fun day. Reading this made me totally miss Seattle!