Tuesday, May 20, 2008

introducing...greyson and aidan

So lucky for me James didn't enter my life alone, what is better than one Quigley? Three! James has two little boys, or not so little (but I still cuddle them whenever I get a chance), that we get to spend time with regularly. James is a wonderful father, he loves his boys and cherishes every minute he spends with them. He lets them be independent while still trying to teach them to know right from wrong so they are better informed for the choices they make. James has taught me a lot about parenting, one of my favorite things about James the dad is that he PLAYS HARDCORE with his boys. He is not content sitting on the side and letting them have all the fun. He is not afraid to get dirty or sweaty and be one of the boys! I like being with the Quigleys and count myself blessed for having ALL of them in my life.

The Quigley boys and me:

at the Science Center way back in April

Celebrating Grey's school performance with Cold Stone

Meet Greyson:

Grey is almost 7, my favorite thing about him is his sweet smile. He is a great big brother, he is thoughtful, reserved but also likes to talk and tells stories when he is comfortable. My heart melts when he takes my hand or cuddles with me.

Meet Aidan:

Aidan is 3.5 and has a perpetual runny nose, which is somehow endearing. He loves superheros and plays hard. James calls him "Impetuous Aidan," I just think he is pretty sweet. I love when he says my name.

Fishing on Saturday:




Aidan with his proud Daddy and the fish he caught

James and Greyson worked for a long time to catch this beauty, good work boys!

11 comments:

James Quigley said...

While the boys are well-adjusted IMO, they are also reserved with their affection...except with Alicia.

I believe childrens' impressions of strangers can be a VERY keen reflection of that person's character. Children love Alicia...and I feel blessed that she has been able to meet and be close to MY children. They're even more tickled.

(Yea! for tickle-fights)

Some people are born to love. Kids do it naturally. THe very cream of the adult world mnages to hang onto this ability ore recapture it. Putting two of these people together and watching them is an amazing experience. I've gotten a treat watching Alicia with my boys.

Esther Noelle said...

Alicia, I am just so happy for you I'm speechless. What neat boys, all of them. Love you!

emily said...

they are darling and wow ... 3 quigley men ... look out!

monica said...

aiden and greyson are so cute!!

Lillian J. White said...

wow...those boys look lots like their daddy. Looks like you are ALL having such a great time. James...how did you know when introduce ladies (Alicia) to your boys? Jus something i am going to have to think about someday and was curious. If i am too nosey (noesy rosie as Alicia refers to such), then please feel free to plead the 5th. :)

James Quigley said...

Great Question...although for me, I didn't think about it once. The fact of the matter is that Mommy and Daddy both have friends. All People have friends. Friends come and go. Relationships change and grow. Kids get that. They have friends at school and friends from last year that they don't see any more or care about as much. They have friends at church. They develop relationships based upon the amount of time they spend with these people. Significant others are a great part of my life and I love my kids and I want them IN MY LIFE. So they are. If Alicia becomes suddenly allergic to me and kicks me to the curb, I'll be sad and they will understand that too. Kids are amazing. They learn complex concepts such as pheonetics and substitutive properties of algebra at age 3-4. They know how to love and express emotion better than most adults. I just try to give them an emotional vocabulary and a forum and then I just sit back and learn. Single mommy's date. Single Daddys date. You tell a kid that and they say "OK." and smile at you and you're set. Just be sure to open the forum once in a while and fill in the details...In fact, I think I want to blog about this... you inspired me! stay tuned.

Valerie said...

Those are such great ages for boys - ours are almost exactly the same! Looks like you all have a great time together!

kristen said...

These pictures are adorable. I love them, and i love you and I also miss you. Plan another vacation to here and I will try and stay in town for more than 5 minutes. Deal?

MEREDITH said...

Alicia looks like you are having so much fun I couldn't be more happy for you. The little boys are darling!

Ryan and Val said...

Farrar, I just can't help but beam with true joy when I read your posts & look @ your pics. You look so HAPPY w/James & the boys, and they look just as happy with you. I'm so glad that you're having the time of your life! I am attempting to somehow catch up with my blog, wish me luck! love ya!
aquino =)

jennycooks said...

K, alicia, I haven't visited your blog in a while. I am totaly calling emily to talk about you now. I think I obviously need to be filled in on the info.

You are looking cute by the way!