Thursday, May 29, 2008

memorial day weekend

Memorial Day has come and gone so that means summer is officially here, right? I hope so! I had an amazing Memorial Day weekend. On Friday James and I went camping with the Party at Ensign Ranch (Church Property east of Seattle). We all got up there around 7:30pm, building a fire and pitching our tents in the dark. James and I ate MEAT for dinner and we all enjoyed smores, yum! We had a great campsite and had beautiful weather, thanks ShaWrights for a wonderful camping trip. We had to leave early Saturday evening, but everyone else stayed through Monday. However, before we went home we canoed on the little lake at Ensign Ranch, grabbed dinner from a delicious and not at all healthy for you burger joint in Easton, Washington, and stopped to look at the falls in Snoqualmie. We had so much fun, but that was just the beginning of the weekend.


On Sunday I taught my Mia Maids class a great lesson on Eternal Marriage (see Elder Cree-L Kofford’s Ensign articles, from June and July 1998 Ensigns, I think). After my lesson I picked up James and after we were finally ready we drove north of Seattle, this time, to meet my family at Kayak Point. They had already set up camp and we joined on in the fun. We walked along the beach, ate delicious food, played with Leah, took ONE MILLION pictures and made so many memories…One funny thing was that our campsite only allowed 2 tents and since we had married people and an assortment of single people we had a boy tent and a girl tent, that was pretty cute. Thanks James for enduring the boy tent!


On Monday we had a little rain, but that did not stop us at all from enjoying the holiday. I spent the morning being lazy under the covers before heading down to the beach to kayak with James and my parents (BIG shout out to my mom who kayaked for her VERY FIRST time! WooHoo!). James did great for his first time, he way out-kayaked me. It was sad when it was finally time to take down camp and head home to reality. Thanks Mom and Dad for a great weekend, lets do it again! I love my family and I feel so blessed that they are my good friends too. Jacob, Lisa and Monica we missed you. It was wonderful to spend so much time with James. He is a great fit with both of these groups; he is a great camper and fun to have around. I hope I get to keep him around as long as possible.

***Pictures on the next 3 posts!!!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow, all those pics of you were so fun to watch, especially on those cool slideshows! and you are very brave to teach Mia Maid girls. and you and James are still so stinking cute!

Olivia Carter said...

Whoa! That looks like SO MUCH FUN! I've never been kayaking. Maybe I'll have to come up sometime.

jenn w said...

OOOOH. Kayak Point. Love it. Havent been there forever! Looks like you had a blast. You need to come to Marysville with James to lunch with Penny and I! We need to see you and meet this guy!

Anonymous said...

I miss kayak point!!! And camping with everyone!! It looks like you had an awesome time!!

Mandi said...

Alicia! Your blog is awesome, but everything about you is awesome, so we shouldn't be surprised.

Ryan and Mandi Cooper

Anonymous said...

Alicia - you look fabulous, and sooo happy. We are so pleased for you and would love to see you. Leslie