Wednesday, August 13, 2008

half way there

It's 6:10 in the AM and I am about to head to the gym (I am off even before the garbage man comes)

I am hardcore

I made it to the gym and look at my face, I am oh so happy about it

Thanks to all of you who have taken the challenge with me, it is so helpful knowing that I have awesome family and friends in Florida, New York, Arizona, Utah and Washington doing it too. Starting September I am going to train for my 5k, no big deal, I have done one before, but this time I want to run. I should be able to run it (or most of it) right? If you want to do it with me mark your calendars for Oct. 25Th. Or choose a sporting event of your choice and let me know about it, we can be each others cheerleaders even if we leave states apart.

P.S. The wedding is this weekend, its going to be hard to work out on Friday and Saturday, but I'm committed.

7 comments:

Celeste Dodge said...

I ran/walked a 5k this spring and I found the secret is not running that fast. I was trying to go as fast as I could and I got so tired! So just keep a steady pace and you'll be able to run a lot farther!! PS I ran into the Whatcott's at the temple last night. They said that they wanted a big group to go over for the temple dedication.

Celeste Dodge said...

ps you never look at my blog...are you still able to get on?

Melissa said...

You look way too cute at 6:00 a.m.! You are really inspiring me, but I'm certain that I can't post my 6:00 a.m. pictures.

emily said...

you totally are hard core! i need to take this challenge for sept. freak - i have an eliptical in my bedroom ... you'd think i could drag my fat butt out of bed in the morning and do it!!

James Quigley said...

What's an eliptical? I think I'm in serious trouble.

Anonymous said...

Alicia, congrats on embracing an active lifestyle!! I know going to the gym in the morning can be tough 4:30 comes pretty early for me, but trust me it is worth it. Good luck on the 5k. If i were there i would run it with you. Next time I'm in Seattle I'll have to meet up with the Farrar gang, and maybe you and I will go for a run!

Anonymous said...

oh PS that last anonymous post was me your cousin Ben Clifford have a great day!