Tuesday, September 23, 2008

beauty

It was difficult for me to calm down last night, it made it tough to fall asleep. I had a lot of things on my mind and really couldn’t put them aside to sleep. I was kind of in a funk, what little sleep I got didn’t even help me get out of this funk (still kind of feel it, but it fading). I slept in a little, did something different at the gym and was still in a bad way, the funk had gotten worse the longer I was awake. I talked to my sweet friend and things started to get back in order. It is nice to have someone to talk to, someone who wants happiness and goodness for me. Its now the afternoon, I have read some scriptures, wrote a little in my journal, and felt the sun on my skin (what a healing power the SUN (SON) has).

I was catching up on blogs and remembered to look at one of my favorites. Emily is a beautiful writer and for the second time today my prayers were answered by a friend. That, btw, is how I most often see the hand of the Lord in my life.

I have so much to be grateful for even today, one of the funkiest of all. Remembering the blessings in my life helps me to get rid of the “wo, is me” feeling inside. And like, quoted on Emily Anne, focus on beauty and the more you focus on it the more you have of it…

*Sunny fall days, when I get to wear a sweater AND my sunglasses
*Honey Crisp apples
*My journal, and the calming power reflection brings
*It's almost nap time...yes!
*Good friends
*A healthy body
*A job that allows me to make the money I need to buy things that I want
*My family
*The gospel that brings perspective
*My testimony in the Atonement
*Prayer
*No more diapers
*My sweet James who calls me his treasure and treats me like it
*The love I feel daily from those around me (near and far)
*I ability I have to read, search and ponder the scriptures

...I am so blessed (this is just a very small list of a few of blessings)

4 comments:

brooke said...

I hate funks :( Great perspective you have... and its so great to have friends and inspirations to get us over our pity parties.
You're beautiful and smart!!! Don't forget it.

emily said...

you are so blessed ... and we are blessed to have you in our lives as well ... we love you!! hope the funk passes quickly!

Anonymous said...

funk be gone!
i love you. i miss you. you dazzle with beauty and cheer for life.

James Quigley said...

it's good to know that even the amazing ones have funks...and we love you the more for the pain you sahre with us.