Wednesday, September 17, 2008

labor day campout

One should always go camping with the Shaws...all we had to do was show up. Well, that's all I had to do, James had to entertain kids. I really just lounged the whole time (I helped a little when I wanted to). I actually did the pre and post camping stuff, but I enjoyed it. Thanks Emily for inviting us, let us know when you go again.


Honestly, we are just four people how much stuff do we need for one overnight?

James did not want to take a picture and I did (this happens a lot with us)

This is how he made, the above picture and his stinky attitude, up to me

Greyson wouldn't pose for the group picture, thought getting his first bee sing would be more fun (poor guy)
We made homemade ice cream in plastic bags, yummy! Everyone took turns shaking the cold bags

So happy that it worked!

James helping with clean up, what a guy!

I made brownies the night before to enjoy with our ice cream, and enjoy we did!

Greyson loved s'mores

All of us loved James' stories

Aidan is fearless, he loved the zipline

Greyson is very cautious and waited until he was ready, one time was enough for him to know he didn't like it, I am proud of him for trying something that was scary

James and the kids (where are the kids?) made a boat while Andy and Emily packed up and I sat around...

Their masterpiece, I don't think a name was ever decided

Sweet James humored me for a quick photo shoot, nice camping hair we got going on

3 Quigleys and a Farrar

5 comments:

brooke said...

wow! you guys are so cute. looks like you had fun. and the scenery is just beautiful!
Fun memories for you guys.

emily said...

it was fun! thanks for coming ... it's always fun to have friends along when you're camping!

*b said...

Alicia,

You look so GOOD lately...love the hair too. I don't think I have enough motivation to stick to eating healthy and working out like you do. You're awesome!

Miss you in the ward...

*brittany

James Quigley said...

HAha, Brittany! Our ward has her now!!

Muhahahhahahahaha

And not only do we have the greatest young-women's leader to ever serve in the church, but we also now have the best Camper, Scrapbooker, Cook, Party Planner, and Kisser on the entire planet.

Angie said...

Thanks. My pace is actually really slow now (like 12'38 or something per mile). If I can actually RUN the whole way, I'll be happy with myself (even if I come in 30 minutes after the last person). lol

Ok, so I found your blog through google. haha. I was googling the Pumpkin Push and was curious to read blogs of those who had done it in the past. :) And I also saw that you were LDS, so I thought I'd say hello. :) I'm a Cub Scout Den Leader. Good times.