Saturday, August 04, 2007

about town-a.k.a. pigs on parade

this was pig #16 for us (I don't remember its name)
"Pork Bench"
Em and I wandering the streets of Seattle
saw a film crew, did not see McDreamy
Leah got serenaded at Pike Place
"Merpig"
"This Little Piggy Went to Market"
Did I mention that I love Leah?
Leah loves the big city

Yesterday morning was a little drizzly and we decided to brave the elements together, good thing we did because Seattle turned out to be beautiful soon after we got down there The Shaws, Natalie, Leah, Grandma Jackie, Mom and I headed downtown to look for Pigs on Parade (see www. pigsonparade.org). We had so much fun searching for pigs and taking pictures. At Pike Place Market we bought some snacks and listened to street musicians. We also roamed around the West Lake Center. The kids were all good; it was a kind of long outing and they all were great sports. Everyone really enjoyed it and it was sad when it was time to leave, but our exhaustion got the better of us. It was a really fun excursion; it was kind of out of the usual for us. I am so glad that we did it; we are so lucky to live close to Seattle and I am proud of us for taking advantage of the big city. Mad props to us for wandering around downtown Seattle with 5 kids! Way to go us!


3 comments:

kristen said...

Alicia...I love reading your blog and seeing all your cute pictures. You are the queen of always having the camera handy, and I love it! I miss you still.... you were in my dream the other night, and I woke up wishing you lived here. sigh. BUT! I'm moving to California in 2 weeks and then I'll be closer. I'm thinking weekend road trip to Seattle for sure. :) Love you.

Amy said...

What a fun day in Seattle. I miss that! When the sun comes out everything is beautiful...

emily said...

It was a grand time! I wonder why it is that children behave so well on field trips - then I remember that it's because they aren't trapped in the house and they have been threatened that if they don't behave we can't do field trips! They talked about our outting all the way home - about how good they were and stayed by us and behaved themselves and how much fun it was. You should have heard them telling Andy all about it! He was sad he missed out!