Thursday, August 02, 2007

new book i'm reading

The other day I was cleaning out my saved documents on my laptop, I found my Christmas wish list from last year. One of the items requested, but not received was this book, I had kind of forgotten about this book. Last night I finally went out and just bought it for myself. It is going to be so good. I heard Bro. Wright speak a few times at BYU's Education Week and honestly he changed my life. I think that this book could be a must read for all parents. So I am going to preview it for you and let know know what I think. Most of Bro. Wrights ideas are not new, but he gives reasons for why we must avoid the mistakes some LDS parents make as well as a lot of counsel from the prophets. I am excited to start reading it and start sharing it with others. P.S. I am fully aware I am not a parent, yet. That is why it is my life mission to help parents everywhere.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to know what you think about this book. And can I just say how much I love and admire you--and how much I love, love, loved your comment about waiting happily on my post today. You are a hero.

The Dally Llama said...

Lick, I'm heading back to NY on the 12th, so I'll be good and swamped in studying by the time you grace P-town with your presence once again. Bummer. But the up-side is that it will be my last year out there, and in about 9 months, I'll be here for any trip out here you make.

emily said...

i wanna read it when you're done ... or maybe i should buy my own ... so that i can put notes in it and post-its to remind me what i'm NOT supposed to be doing!

MEREDITH said...

Ok i'll let you read it and then you need to get back with me and let me know your feelings on it... I am always looking for some good literature... Ok so have you heard of the books, Twilight-New Moon-Eclipse??? Well anyways they are written by an LDS author and they are love stories... I haven't read them but I got my hair done today and all the girls were buzzing about how good they all are, I guess the 3rd book Eclipse just came out... So those are my next read, just wondering if you had read them and if you agree with all the girls at the salon who were all in love with them? Hopefully I'll get to talk with you soon... Miss ya

Anonymous said...

About Twilight-New Moon-Eclipse, they are written by a BYU grad and they are all the buzz here in UT as well. Eclipse, the latest, knocked Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows off the best-selling list here. But the Mistakes book Alicia's reading looks interesting too.