Saturday, September 22, 2007

goodbye summer

This summer was so much fun. I think it was one of the best ever. Work was really good. Saw a lot of friends. Went on some trips. Got an awesome tan. And more. Another thing that made summer so great was that my boys and I did a lot of things with our friends. At the beginning of the summer Natalie, Emily, Nicki and I made a schedule for ‘Summer of Big Fun 2007.’ Each week of the summer had a theme like down on the farm, transportation, etc. we divided the weeks and each of us planned activities, crafts, science projects that went along with the themes. That was fun and all, but we didn’t always do it. Surprise, surprise! But what we did do was celebrate each theme with a super activity (pictures below). We also did park play dates, went to the zoo, beach, and just enjoyed being together. We especially loved those sunny days!. See, summer was so good, I am sad to see it end.

kirkland music in the park:




the zoo:
the locks:



edmonds ferry:






kelsey creek farm:





4 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Hey lady! You are just the best nanny (is that the "PC" term) in the world. I have to say that if I wasn't staying home with my kinds I'd want someone like helping with my kiddos. PS thanks for all the great ideas for activities to do with my kiddos!

emily said...

This summer was SO Big Fun! I loved it! and so we say goodbye shorts,t-shirts and flip flops - hello sweats, sweatshirts and slippers! winter here we come! break out the hot chocolate!!

monica said...

i love how you all go on outings. how cute and fun for the kids!

Anonymous said...

I loved our summer! You were so awesome for coming up with the idea of themes and super activities. And I'll have you know that I did most of our theme week stuff. I'm sad to see it go too but am so excited for the holidays! Goodbye crazy kids on the ferry, hello crazy kids at Remlinger Farms! I want hot chocolate too! Made with milk...