Friday, September 21, 2007

nolan the crazy




I have had some great times at work this week, the past couple weeks even. I really like my job and I like the boys I get to spend my days with. I feel blessed that I get to make a difference in a family. I spend a majority of my time with this little guy, Nolan. He turned 2 in August. He loves his boots. He wants to wear them everywhere we go. He loves books and anything his brother is doing. He is sweet and even funny at times. I like him...most of the time. He recently went through a phase where he threw things, toys or whatever he could. Annoying. And when I first started working he had a problem "hugging" little kids (or even kids bigger than him) and then tackling them to the ground. Other parents don't like that so much. Luckily, he grew out of that just in time too because I was getting tired of apologizing to parents of crying kids Nolan attacked. Now, his latest is taking his diaper off. Yuck! We have found a couple of things to prevent that, but there are times when he still gets his diaper off and it is not a pretty sight. Two-year-old are crazy, fun, but so exhausting. Sometimes I can't take the freak outs, that is when little guy gets to spend a time-out in his crib (the only place he can't get out). I guess the point of this is to tell my mom readers that you are amazing. I get to clock out at 6pm and I have a three day weekend. I admire all of you and say thanks.

3 comments:

monica said...

oh little nolan is so cute here!

Shauna said...

oh my goodness he is ADORABLE

Lillian J. White said...

Alicia, I haven't been on your blog in a while....just busy. I read this and laughed. Brielle went through the taking diaper off stage too. Fortunately, we caught it quickly and there were never any accidents anywhere, so it wasn't too bad. Cute kid though...i'm sure it's a lot of fun for you and for them! See you later, stacia